Wednesday 24 April 2013

Lotus Tea for Breakfast ...

Yesterday was a lovely sunny day but cold. Today is also a blue sky day, no clouds in the sky and just a couple of vapour trails from passing airliners. It is also warmer. So I decided to have a change of tea for breakfast. Instead of the usual jasmine tea or green tea, I had a lotus tea fix.

It is not a cheap tea to drink so I don't regard it as an everyday tea. It is a bit special, the flavour is sweet, slightly nutty and definitely floral. Just look at the leaves ...

Image: Lotus tea from In Nature Teas at www.innteas.com
In Nature Teas Lotus Tea

In my white teacup, it has a greenish hue and takes only a couple of minutes at most to mash.



So once it was made, I headed outside onto the decking in front of the house, with my lotus tea and toast and marmalade in hand to savour the tea, the weather and the first daffodil of spring!