Wednesday 14 August 2013

Teas for Summer

In traditional Chinese medicine, green tea is regarded as a cooling agent because it is least oxidised. It is used in traditional remedies for illnesses that are characterised by having a high body temperature. During hot weather, it is said to have the same effect i.e. if you drink green tea, you will feel cooler.

Link: buy green tea online


I have tried it but I will be honest and say that I didn't find it helped much, but then again, I am one of those people whi is completely unaffected by caffeine or herbal remedies (although I did find a clove helped with a toothache I had a couple of years ago!). Whether it works on an individual or not, it is still a nice drink to have in the summer. Make a large pot of green tea and place it into a bottle or big jug when it has cooled sufficiently. Then stick it in the fridge and once it has cooled to fridge temperatures, it makes a refreshing and healthy change to whatever it might be that you normally drink in hot weather.

This works well with Puerh tea too.